Qiagen Bioinformatics is a group of creative, energetic people helping life science researchers understand the biological mechanisms that cause human disease. Our team of interdisciplinary researchers, scientists and engineers have built industry-leading semantic technology platform. We have used this technology to develop the new analytical solutions for the life sciences and healthcare markets. We are passionate about our users, our products, our technology, and our vision, and are looking for intelligent, talented, and entrepreneurial developers who are eager to join our world-class team. Qiagen is a professional work environment, valuing work-life balance.
As a Senior Software Engineer you will:
- Design and develop cutting edge web applications and user interfaces.
- Design and develop high performance components/sub-systems for highly scalable service oriented NGS software.
- Assist in defining the appropriate data models, transformation technologies, and indexing/search algorithms for large-scale genomics data.
- Use best practices and architectural rigor during the software design process, providing input on alternative strategies and solutions.
- Write well-documented, extensible software code that is easy to maintain, and that adheres to generally accept programming standards and OOP practices.
- Own the overall quality of your code including unit testing, functional testing and performance.
- Produce and maintain technical designs and documentation relevant to assigned software development tasks.
In turn you can expect a high-profile position on a great team with many challenges and rewards!
- 5+ years of developing web applications.
- Highly proficient in JAVA and strong understanding of multi-threaded programming.
- Excellent grasp of OOP concepts and design patterns.
- Experience analyzing and defining requirements, and translating them into technical specifications and architecture.
- Excellent knowledge of SaaS, SOA, OOP, Unix and Java development in a cross platform environment.
- Experience with Web Services (such as Spring and RESTful).
- Excellent knowledge of Continuous Development, Integration, and Deployment.
- Experience developing highly scalable, distributed backend services for web applications.
- Knowledge of scalability/performance issues and optimization techniques.
- Technically sound in software development activities and life cycles.
- Strong problem solving, analytical and object-oriented programming skills.
- Self-starter and always looking to improve technically and personally.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, teamwork, and time management abilities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.