We are looking for highly motivated and talented Site Reliability Engineer to build, deploy, manage, and monitor Production systems using DevOps techniques at Qiagen. The candidate must have a strong technical background and experience with application support to troubleshoot complex Unix/Linux issues in production, lab, and corporate environments. Strong Unix, (preferably Linux), Web, and Java, and automation experience is required.
- Excellent Unix background; Unix/Linux administration experience a plus.
- Experience with releasing software on a large scale, complex J2EE environment.
- Working knowledge of SCM (software config management) best practices and applications deployed in a hosted environment.
- 5 + years of build/release engineering experience in unix environment.
- Proficiency in more than one scripting languages (ie. unix shell scripting, Perl, Ruby, and/or Python).
- Strong Java expertise is a requirement.
- Experience with automated builds, deployments, troubleshooting to multiple environments, (QA, Staging, Production, etc.) as well as Production Support in an agile environment.
- Experience with Continuous Integration and related tools (Hudson/Jenkins, Chef/Puppet).
- Experience with various source control tools (ie. SVN, Git, Jira, Grasshopper, Fisheye,etc.).
- Working knowledge of complex hosted environments involving load balancers, firewalls, webservers, application servers, databases, routers/switches- Knowledge of Oracle database and PL/SQL a plus.
- Web Application (Java) Trouble Shooting.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving skills, and attention to detail; production support experience.
- Ability to lead others and manage complex technical projects/tasks at a detail level in a fast paced environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and experienced with working effectively in cross-functional teams.
- Hands on experience with the entire software product development life cycle, including the build, release and QA process.
- The ability to communicate and be a team player.
- The capacity to think on your own and not afraid to take calculated risks.
- Excellent ability to create opportunities to innovate.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.