Question: KEGG profile convertId() returning coercion warnings, but having issues tracking down NA values
0
gravatar for cf556
12 months ago by
cf5560
cf5560 wrote:

I attempted to use KEGGprofile's convertId() to get my RNA-seq counts into NCBI gene IDs. I think the genes were given to me in mgi_symbol format. After running convertId() I revived the warning message, repeated until warnings() maxed out:

1: In FUN(newX[, i], ...) : NAs introduced by coercion

I was very concerned by this because I was afraid a substantial portion of my data was now NA. This said I have had trouble tracking them down. (That said the genes that appear in the header all seem to be converted properly.) Still I wanted to find the NAs.

I tried:

> with_id[is.na(with_id[, "X"])]

which returns:

character(0)

I also tried:

>matmain <- is.na(with_id)
>which(matmain, arr.ind = TRUE)

but that just returned:

     row col

Any advice for figuring out where they have disappeared too?

Here are a the first few rows of my converted matrix:

              X                USC_1          USC_2          USC_3          USC_NDT_1      USC_3DT_1     
100009600     "Zglp1"          "1.167246e+00" "1.314248e+00" "1.414709e-01" "2.111822e-01" "3.060517e-01"
100009609     "Vmn2r65"        "0.000000e+00" "0.000000e+00" "0.000000e+00" "0.000000e+00" "0.000000e+00"
100009614     "Gm10024"        "0.000000e+00" "0.000000e+00" "0.000000e+00" "0.000000e+00" "6.987166e-02"
100012        "Oog3"           "0.000000e+00" "0.000000e+00" "0.000000e+00" "0.000000e+00" "4.143595e-02"
100017        "Ldlrap1"        "1.153021e+01" "1.048102e+01" "1.175961e+01" "6.312788e+00" "1.315837e+01"
100019        "Mdn1"           "2.269278e+00" "1.780199e+00" "3.189900e+00" "1.276779e+00" "2.080692e+00"
100034251     "Wfdc17"         "0.000000e+00" "0.000000e+00" "0.000000e+00" "0.000000e+00" "0.000000e+00"
100034361     "Mfap1b"         "2.980608e+01" "2.990117e+01" "2.839012e+01" "2.375291e+01" "3.852410e+01"

(Oddly it also gained 275 rows according to dim())

On a vaguely related note I was hoping to get another pair of eyes on my filter of choice, I thought that these fell in the "mgi_symbol" mart filter (for "mmusculus_gene_ensembl") but I am not sure. Some of my gene identifiers:

[571] "A830031A19Rik"  "A830080D01Rik"  "A930002H24Rik"  "A930003A15Rik"  "A930004D18Rik"  "A930009A15Rik" 
 [577] "A930017K11Rik"  "A930018M24Rik"  "A930018P22Rik"  "A930033H14Rik"  "AA467197"       "AA792892"      
 [583] "AA986860"       "Aaas"           "Aacs"           "Aadac"          "Aadacl2"        "Aadacl3"       
 [589] "Aadacl4"        "Aadat"          "Aaed1"          "Aagab"          "Aak1"           "Aamdc"         
 [595] "Aamp"           "Aanat"          "Aar2"           "Aard"           "Aars"           "Aars2"         
 [601] "Aarsd1"         "Aasdh"          "Aasdhppt"       "Aass"           "Aatf"           "Aatk"          
 [607] "AB124611"       "Abat"           "Abca1"          "Abca12"         "Abca13"         "Abca14"

Thanks for the help!

bioconductor R • 281 views
ADD COMMENTlink modified 12 months ago • written 12 months ago by cf5560
Please log in to add an answer.

Help
Access

Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy.
Powered by Biostar version 2.3.0
Traffic: 1605 users visited in the last hour