Synthego is seeking a talented bioinformatics scientist to join a multidisciplinary team focused on the development of novel models and tools to better understand and predict genetic editing. You will work closely with research scientists to design genetic editing experiments and interpret their results as well as with the computational biology group to deploy your solutions into a production environment. The successful candidate will contribute to all aspects of the bioinformatics pipeline, including data mining, oligonucleotide probe design, algorithm development, and data analysis.
Location: Redwood City, California Apply Here: https://jobs.lever.co/synthego/7d18ce94-2afe-4093-800f-8805292562a4
What You'll Do
- Develop and maintain core bioinformatics resources with a strong emphasis on data storage, data provenance and computational pipelines
- Develop well documented and defined APIs to allow multiple teams to self serve from your core tools
- Work closely with the Cell Engineering Research, Computational Biology and Core Software teams to capture requirements and incorporate Synthego conventions and best practices into your early development
- PhD in Bioinformatics, Statistical Genetics, or Genome Science with experience in genotyping and/or genetics or equivalent experience
- 5+ years relevant experience developing and implementing software solutions for structural analysis, functional analysis and custom annotation of whole genomes
- You are an expert in Python and proficient in R
- You have experience developing robust APIs
- Relational and property graph database design and administration
- Linux administration, job scheduling, containers and AWS services
- You have implemented HPC systems including development and application of algorithms, parallel architecture, data structure, job control, and performance analysis and optimization
Nice to Haves - R Shiny and Plumber - C/C++ - Django or other MVC framework
ABOUT SYNTHEGO Synthego’s vision is to turn biology into an information science, with the ultimate goal of dramatically extending the healthy human lifespan.
Synthego builds advanced bioinformatics and automated hardware platforms to create next-generation molecular biology tools, starting with full-stack genome engineering.
These world-class tools accelerate basic scientific discovery, critical disease cures and novel synthetic biology applications to improve and prolong life.