GENOMIC DATA MANAGER
Medical Science & Computing (MSC) is an exciting growth oriented company, dedicated to providing mission critical scientific and technical services to the Federal Government. We have a distinguished history of supporting the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and other government agencies. MSC offers a dynamic and upbeat work environment, excellent benefits and career growth opportunities.
We attract the best people in the business with our competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, 401k plan with employer contribution, paid holidays, vacation, Medical and Flexible Spending Accounts, Pre-Tax Transit Assistance and tuition reimbursement. If you enjoy being a part of a high performing, professional service and technology focused organization, please apply today!
Medical Science & Computing is searching for a Genomic Data Manager to support the National Institutes of Health (NIH). This opportunity is full-time and it is on-site in Bethesda, MD.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Prioritizing and managing work effort to deliver data, results, and analyses in efficient and time appropriate fashion.
- Collaboratively supporting and working with software developers to optimize performance and reliability of clinical analysis pipelines
- Design, implement, and test novel and reproducible high-throughput sequencing data management methods.
- Understand downstream analysis needs and frameworks to migrate processes from R&D to operational status in support of clinical research.
- Implement and document processes for regulatory purposes.
- MS or equivalent in Bioinformatics, Medical Informatics, Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline is required.
- Minimum 3 years of academic or industry experience preferably in molecular diagnostics laboratory or company.
- Experience with development and management of high-throughput sequencing data analysis workflows and pipelines in production environments.
- Familiarity with high-throughput sequencing tools (bwa, GATK, IGV, samtools, bcftools, bedtools, vep., etc).
- Experience with programming in Python and shell scripts.
- Experience with public domain data sources e.g. gnomAD, HGMD, OMIM, dbSNP, 1000 genomes, HapMap, etc.
- Interest and ability exploring and using new technologies, software, and programming languages.
- Familiarity with relational databases (PostgreSQL preferred) is a must.
- Experience developing APIs desirable.
- Experience with high performance computing environments and/or cloud-based environments.
- A highly-motivated and detail-oriented team player with good attitude to work in cross-functional and interdisciplinary teams of scientists and engineers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Medical Science & Computing is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status. Please apply: https://www.mscweb.com