Yuen Lab at The Hospital for Sick Children (SickKids) in Toronto is seeking a talented Postdoctoral Fellow. The Postoc will be a member of Yuen Lab that studies the genetics and epigenetics of brain-related disorders (such as autism spectrum disorder, epilepsy and schizophrenia). The Postdoc is expected to develop software and strategies for whole genome sequencing sharing and analysis. The Postdoc will also have the opportunity to interact and collaborate with researchers and clinicians from SickKids, and other collaborated bioinformatic companies.
- A PhD in genetics, computer science, statistics or any other relevant discipline.
- At least one scientific publication as a lead author.
- Proficiency in Java and at least one other scripting language (Python, Perl, etc.) is essential.
- Knowledge in statistical genetics/genomics.
- Experience in analyzing genomic data.
- Familiarity with HPC environments and how to run applications in HPC clusters is desirable.
- Familiarity with cloud computing platforms (e.g. Amazon AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure) an asset.
To apply: Please send a cover letter, C.V., and contact information of at least two references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Company description: Dedicated exclusively to children and their families, The Hospital for Sick Children (SickKids) is one of the largest and most respected paediatric healthcare centres in the world. As innovators in child health, we lead and partner to improve the health of children through the integration of healthcare, leading-edge research and education. Our reputation would not have been built – nor could it be maintained – without the skills, knowledge and experience of the extraordinary people who come to work here every day. SickKids is committed to ongoing learning and development, and features a caring and supportive work environment that combines exceptionally high standards of practice. When you join SickKids, you become part of our community. We share a commitment and determination to fulfill our vision of Healthier Children. A Better World. Don’t miss out on the opportunity to work alongside the world’s best in paediatric healthcare.