I'am just wondering if anybody would be interested in a tool were you can easily access miRNA target prediction and do the translation from mouse data to human data.
We recently puplished a paper in Molecular Metabolism in regards to miRNA target prediction but only in mice: "A computational biology approach of a genome-wide screen connected miRNAs to obesity and type 2 diabetes"
With a online tool available: https://126.96.36.199/miR-QTL-Scan/
We were now wondering if the community would be interested in a more generall tool.
- miRNA target prediction (combined with tissue specific gene expression)
- Pathway enrichment (of targets)
- Genetic variants (QTL / GWAS)
- Chip-SEQ (included from ENCODE)
The main aspect would be the possibility to translate interesting mouse miRNA directly in context to human:
- Conservation of miRNA
- Conservation of miRNA binding seed in mRNA
- Could this miRNA be linked to a GWAS
I guess there are still more possibilitys to integrate more data, but we are not sure how interested other scientists are on such a tool.
I hope somebody will give feedback if this would be indeed usefull for other scientists.