Staff scientist - Bioinformatics
The KAUST Bioscience Core Lab (BCL) is seeking a highly motivated and collaborative scientist with a strong background in computational biology. BCL provides services with state-of-the-art technologies like PacBio Sequel, Oxford Nanopore (GridION,PromethION), Ilumina, 10X Chromium and many more.
The scientist will play a key role in the bioinformatics team to develop cutting-edge methods and applications that will push the boundaries of genomics research and sequencing technologies. A successful candidate has extensive and diverse experience in designing and implementing computational solutions to improve operational efficiency and to address biological questions.
- Ensure efficient daily operations of the bioinformatics team, covering data management, processing and analysis, trainings and consultations.
- Lead development and optimization of novel methodologies/tools to address advanced scientific problems.
- Support the laboratory and actively engage in new developments of the most advanced techniques and methodologies.
- Strategically manage scientific collaboration projects with PIs/external partner.
Qualifications & Competencies
- Ph.D. degree in bioinformatics, computational biology, or related field, and minimum 2 years of post-graduate research experience.
- Proficiency in Python, R or Perl.
- Substantial experience working in an HPC Unix/Linux environment.
- Expertise as a data scientist in bioinformatics with mastery in PacBio or Oxford Nanopore technologies and NGS. Additional capability in proteomics is an advantage.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
as soon as possible
To apply, please send us a single PDF file containing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. Alternatively, you can apply from https://www.kaust.edu.sa/en/about/openings.