We seek a highly motivated individual with a track-record of statistical models and/or computational tools development dedicated to the analysis of high throughput sequencing data, comparative genomics, functional genomics, or a related field. We are looking for applicants excited about combining life sciences and computation to analyze gene expression regulation. The successful candidate will be collaborative, independent, with a strong enthusiasm for research, and should have experience in programming (mainly Python, R, and bash) dedicated to the analysis of large-scale genomics data with a strong publication record. Being familiar with gene expression regulation in general, DNA methylation, and TF binding is an advantage.
The appointment is a fulltime position and is made for a period of up to three years
The main purpose of the fellowship is to qualify researchers for work in higher academic positions within their disciplines.
The candidate will be expected to establish her/his independent research topic within the scope of the group’s research interests (http://mathelierlab.com).
- Applicants must hold a degree equivalent to a Norwegian doctoral degree in computational biology, bioinformatics, biostatistics, computer science, or a related field. Doctoral dissertation must be submitted for evaluation by the closing date. Appointment is dependent on the public defence of the doctoral thesis being approved.
- Strong publication records (including 1st authorship) with evidence for writing scientific manuscripts independently
- Proficiency in programming (Python, R, bash)
- Ability to collaborate with researchers from different fields and at different career stages
- Willingness to be part of a team to share knowledge and skills
- Documented ability to communicate science
- Knowledge of eukaryotic gene expression regulation
- Knowledge of molecular biology
- Experience with analysis of genomics data sets
- High drive for science and desire to become an independent researcher
- Fluent oral and written communication skills in English
The application must include:
- cover letter (outlining motivation, career goals, past achievements, summarizing scientific work and research interest)
- a short research project proposal if available (max. 2 pages)
- CV (summarizing education, positions, and other qualifying activity)
- copies of educational certificates (academic transcripts only) a complete list of publications
- list of reference persons: 2-3 references (name, relation to candidate, e-mail and phone number)
The application with attachments must be delivered in our electronic recruiting system at https://www.jobbnorge.no/en/available-jobs/job/162243/postdoctoral-position-in-computational-biology-and-gene-regulation Foreign applicants are advised to attach an explanation of their University’s grading system. Please note that all documents should be in English.
In assessing the applications, special emphasis will be placed on the documented, academic qualifications, the project proposal, and the quality of the project as well as the candidates motivation and personal suitability. Interviews with the best qualified candidates will be arranged.
It is expected that the successful candidate will be able to complete the project in the course of the period of employment.