Located in Boston and the surrounding communities, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute brings together world renowned clinicians, innovative researchers and dedicated professionals, allies in the common mission of conquering cancer, HIV/AIDS and related diseases. Combining extremely talented people with the best technologies in a genuinely positive environment, we provide compassionate and comprehensive care to patients of all ages; we conduct research that advances treatment; we educate tomorrow's physician/researchers; we reach out to underserved members of our community; and we work with amazing partners, including other Harvard Medical School-affiliated hospitals.
The Knowledge Systems Group (KSG) at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute seeks a Senior Software Engineer to help build open-source software to enable precision cancer medicine.
The Senior Software Engineer is an exceptional candidate who, in addition to software experience has an interest in applying their skills to tackling problems in human health. We operate at the crossroads of cancer genomics, software, and medicine. Our platforms are focused on mining of cancer genomic data sets, matching patients to clinical trials, and building cloud-based infrastructure for sharing of immunologic data.
- Design and develop software, databases and interfaces for analyzing and manipulating genomic and immunologic data, and matching patients to clinical trials.
- Work towards the paradigm of a microservices architecture where services communicate via APIs.
- Orchestrate cloud-based services via modern devops frameworks.
- Develop in Python while adhering to the best practices of automated testing at all steps and code reviews.
- Build and maintain cloud based data processing workflows, incorporating open source tools for scheduling, monitoring and resource management.
- Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- 4+ years of software engineering experience.
- 4+ years of Python coding experience.
- Working knowledge of relational and non-relational databases, especially MongoDB.
- Strong interest in contributing to biological research with clinical applications.
- Experience with containerization of software (Docker, Kubernetes, etc..)
- Experience in modern software development technologies, including distributed versioning systems, continuous integration, and Agile programming practices.
- The candidate must demonstrate excellent communication skills, outstanding personal initiative and the ability to work effectively as part of a team. Ability to meet deadlines and efficiently multitask is a must.
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is an equal opportunity employer and affirms the right of every qualified applicant to receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, age, ancestry, military service, protected veteran status, or other groups as protected by law.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/b7nnxqbrb56qv8xd