We are looking for a Bioinformatician to join our team and implement bioinformatics services for innovative data sharing platforms for biomedical research. Projects focus on multi-institutional collaborations that bring leading experts together to drive data sharing initiatives for flagship scientific programs. You will support activities ranging from data import and analysis, data quality, and data generation aspects of each project and work hands-on to develop pipelines and tools, including support for high-throughput genomic technologies.
- Develop, execute, test, and roll out project-specific bioinformatics solutions.
- Investigate and modify procedures to solve complex problems at an advanced technical level for bioinformatics support activities
- Prototype, test, and recommend new technologies such as workflow language and containerized software.
- Develop technical diagrams, technical documentation, and provide collaborative support to the user community.
- Collaborate with the broader project team to gather requirements, develop specifications, and solicit feedback throughout the lifecycle of the project.
- Master's degree in Bioinformatics, Biological Sciences, Computer Science, or a related field required.
- PhD in Bioinformatics, Biological Sciences, Computer Science, or a related field preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in the field of bioinformatics required.
- Experience in the bioinformatics of Next Generation sequencing technologies required.
- Experience using languages such as Java, Python, SQL, or XML, required.
- Familiarity with Linux and/or Unix required.
- Basic knowledge of molecular biology required.
- Experience providing bioinformatics services or other service roles preferred.
- Experience with human genomics preferred.
To apply, submit your application at https://uchicago.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/External/job/Shoreland/Bioinformatician_JR03946
The Center for Translational Data Science at the University of Chicago is a research center pioneering the discipline of translational data science to advance biology, medicine, and environmental research. We architect ecosystems of large-scale commons of research data, computing resources, applications, tools, and services for the broader research community to use data at scale to pursue scientific inquiry and accelerate discovery. These growing data commons offer petabytes of rich research data to scientists across the world.
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination. Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via Applicant Inquiry Form.