The laboratory of Asst. Prof. Sarah Langley at the Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine is currently recruiting Senior/Research Fellows (Postdoctoral) to work in the area of omics integrations and neurodegeneration.
We are a newly formed computational biology research group focused on understanding disease mechanisms through the analysis of, and method development for, large-scale omics data. The laboratory is based at the Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine (LKCMedicine), a joint medical school between Imperial College London and Nanyang Technological University (NTU).
We are looking for a highly motivated Research Fellow with an interest in human disease, particularly neurodegeneration, and in omics integration/analysis.
Provide leadership and expertise in conducting complex research activities, including but not limited to planning, organizing, conducting, and communicating research studies within the overall scope of a research project at LKCMedicine.
• Develop and utilize computational tools, including but not limited to, those written in R/Python/Java
• Apply qualitative and quantitative research techniques which include accurate in-depth assessment, interpretation and evaluation of large-scale omics datasets, including next generation sequencing datasets and mass spectrometry-based proteomics.
• Write and review research papers, present research outcomes and develop connections with local and international researchers for collaboration work.
Skills and qualifications:
• PhD in a related scientific area (e.g. Bioinformatics/Computational Biology/Life Sciences/Computer Science)
• Experience in R/Python/Java or similar languages and with Unix based platforms
• Knowledge of next generation sequencing (genomics, bulk and/or single cell RNA-seq), mass spectrometry proteomics, neuroscience, statistics, bioinformatics or high dimensional data analysis
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively with a diverse workforce
For more information regarding the Research Fellow (postdoctoral) position and to apply, please see https://www.jobstreet.com.sg/en/job/research-fellow-asst-prof-sarah-langley-7031469
For more information regarding the Senior Research Fellow (postdoctoral) position and to apply, please see https://www.jobstreet.com.sg/en/job/senior-research-fellow-asst-prof-sarah-langley-7031506
Informal inquiries can be send to firstname.lastname@example.org