Scientist/Sr. Scientist Bioinformatics
Vor BioPharma is a preclinical biotechnology company founded by leading scientists (including Siddhartha Mukherjee), and backed by top venture capital firms. Vor’s therapy will transform outcomes for cancer patients by combining genetic editing and cell therapy to develop a new approach to cancer. To date, targeted therapies have applied to a limited set of cancers due to on-target effects on healthy tissues. Vor’s technology eliminates effects on healthy tissues, thereby dramatically increasing the druggable target space across a range of cancer types.
Senior Scientist/Bioinformatics Lead
The successful candidate will lead the Company’s internal bioinformatics and computational biology activities aimed at developing & optimizing Vor’s engineered cell products. This unique role will place the successful candidate in a dynamic position as a key member of the team, interfacing regularly with company senior management and participating in decision-making and in interactions with external stakeholders. Title and compensation will be commensurate with individual experience.
Key areas of responsibility
• Develop and implements bioinformatics initiatives and programs required by the company, utilizing both internal and external resources, consultants, programmers and vendors, to organize, manage and support all gene editing and research activities
• Design bioinformatic strategic and execution on genome engineering analysis
• Apply contemporary methods for genomic data processing, analysis and mining. Develop and maintain NGS data processing pipeline focusing on the creation of integrated datasets derived from public and internal data sources
• Performing “omics” (genomic, RNA-seq and proteomic), data processing and analysis, building analysis pipelines, and setting up databases and web portals for result retrieval and visual/graphic display of internal and external published genomic studies.
• Create presentations and present progress to senior management
• PhD degree in computational biology, bioinformatics, human genomics, or a related field in the biological data sciences
• 6+ years relevant post-doctoral experience of inter-disciplinary bioinformatics research, with outstanding skills and abilities in bioinformatics, data curation, large scale data and NGS analysis, statistics and statistical model building, as evidenced by productive and successful programs and/or publications.
• Extensive experience in genetic editing and CRISPR Off-target methodologies and analysis
• Expert knowledge of current bioinformatics trends, public genomic tools, databases and utilities, with a focus on Next Generation Sequencing and genome annotation. A plus to haver familiarity with proteomic data sets
• Proficient with a range of programming languages and database management systems.
• Motivated, innovative and strong team player able to function with a high degree of independence. Demonstrable ability for deep and creative thinking.
• Excellent time management and organizational skills.
Please send application and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org