Stoke Therapeutics, Inc is a privately held biotechnology company focused on the development of first-in-class oligonucleotide-based therapeutics to treat rare genetic disorders.
Reporting to the Head of Bioinformatics, the interns will work with PhD-level data and experimental scientists to develop and expand internal computing capabilities within the Amazon Web Services cloud environment. The interns will have the opportunity to pick software development projects that best align with their academic training and long-term career goals.
The successful candidate will have access to cutting-edge methodology and technologies, such as cloud computing, docker containers, and serverless web applications, to deliver complex data analytics to end users. The candidate will work in a highly dynamic and collaborative environment to gain vast expertise in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry.
Most importantly, the final deliverables will have direct impact helping to accelerate the treatment of severe genetic diseases.
- Working toward a technical degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Systems Biology, Bioinformatics or any related quantitative field
- Proficiency in Python is required
- Must be comfortable working in Linux/Unix environments
- Candidates must have the ability to work independently both individually as well as on a team of people with diverse technical backgrounds
- Minimum GPA: 3.0
- Previous experience in computational analysis of biological data
- Understand make and how directed acyclic graphs are used to build dependencies
- Familiarity with cloud computing in the context of data science, especially serverless computing using AWS Lambda and Gateway
- Previous experience in using Container as a Service (CaaS)
- Proficient in R programming
- A minimum GPA of 3.5 is strongly preferred
Primary Location: Bedford, MA
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter via email to email@example.com