Question: MEGAN6 and Daa files from DIAMOND
0
gravatar for Dave Th
5 weeks ago by
Dave Th0
Dave Th0 wrote:

Hi all,

I am currently using MEGAN for my soil metagenomics. After using the latest version DIAMOND to get the DAA files, I imported these files to MEGAN along with GI mapping files (GI-Taxo, GI-KEGG, GI-SEED) downloaded from MEGAN6 website. The results show none of my sequences can be assigned to any function or taxonomy. Otherwise, the software said that my DAA files from DIAMOND are not DAA files. Did anyone face this kind of situation before?

Thank you, Dave

alignment • 143 views
ADD COMMENTlink modified 5 weeks ago • written 5 weeks ago by Dave Th0
1

the daa format has been a moving target in the past - maybe the latest version is incompatible with megan6. Did you try to convert the daa with the meganizer tool?

ADD REPLYlink modified 5 weeks ago • written 5 weeks ago by Carambakaracho1.0k
1

I had a similar case I think. Have a look here: http://megan.informatik.uni-tuebingen.de/t/error-while-loading-rma-file/960

ADD REPLYlink written 5 weeks ago by Juke-342.1k

I already tried meganizer tool but it said Daa is not Daa file. Yesterday, I found out that the Daa file I got from DIAMOND is not actually DAA file because I used -o output.daa instead of -a output.daa. It's OK now but the number of sequences assigned to SEED is too low. It might because of my sequences or something else happened. Thank you guys.

ADD REPLYlink written 5 weeks ago by Dave Th0
Please log in to add an answer.

Help
Access

Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy.
Powered by Biostar version 2.3.0
Traffic: 1668 users visited in the last hour