Position type: Permanent, 100%, based in Frankfurt (DE). Genome Biologics is a Biotherapeutics company headquartered in Germany with a strong background and proven track record in silico drug screening, in vivo preclinical drug testing and state-of-the-art transgenic technologies.
Genome Biologics are seeking a Bioinformatician in order to develop our global life sciences activities.
- You will closely assist the Head of Big Data and AI with the delivery of multiple projects using our propriety software to study gene-disease interactions.
- You will plan, prepare, perform and report scientific experiments
- You will help in determining the methodology and way of implementing the experiments and provide insight in the main objectives of these experiments.
- You will make recommendations on the design and follow up of scientific experiments.
- You will find solutions to any (unexpected) problem in a creative and scientifically sound way, in order to fulfill milestones in a timely manner.
- Collect, analyze & prepare summaries of data as requested by the Project Manager.
- Support in the preparation of reports, publications and other documents.
- Closely assists the Project Manager with the organization and prioritization of workload in order to meet project goals.
- Supports specific work packages and/or small side-projects.
- Keeps abreast with scientific developments related to own project and field.
Continuously assess way of working in relation to operational efficiency and project lead times.
- You hold a Master’s or PhD degree in computer sciences, bioinformatics or statistical genetics with strong experience in genome sequence analysis.
- You have excellent programming skills in languages such as Perl, C/C++, R, Python, Java, SQL or similar and experience in using UNIX based machines and computational clusters.
- You have an excellent working experience in handling and analyzing next generation sequencing (NGS) data.
- You have experience of improving and maintaining bioinformatics pipelines and demonstrable commitment to quality and version control and secure data management.
- You are fluent in English, (German, French or Dutch is a plus).
- Requested qualities: Interpersonal skills - tenacity - ambition - creativity - multitasking.
Why you should join us:
To participate in the development of an ambitious company involved in drug discovery, R&D services and collaborations.
You have the opportunity to develop the position within the company and work on multiple and very different projects at the same time.
Please send your application at firstname.lastname@example.org with subject BIOINFO2019