Q2 Solutions is a leading clinical trial laboratory services organization with end-to-end laboratory services and secure, enterprise-wide biospecimen and consent management solutions. With a relentless focus on quality and innovation, Q2 Solutions uses its global experience and scientific expertise to transform science and data into actionable medical insights that help customers improve human health. A joint venture of IQVIA (formerly QuintilesIMS) and Quest Diagnostics, Q2 Solutions combines the best of each parent organization’s clinical trials laboratory services capabilities to fulfill its mission of treating each sample as if a life depends on it.
This new position will be responsible for qualification and delivery of novel genomic testing products that come from development teams. These assays typically have yet to enter an operational state and will need facilitation and expertise to deliver results from a high quality product before fully automated by our computing systems. Individuals will provide technical expertise to develop and maintain programs to meet internal and external client needs. Will assist in the development of project-related solutions and documentation while providing technical expertise to the translational genomics and operations teams.
- Analyze next generation sequencing data in the support of client projects, including clinical projects impacting patient outcomes.
- Adhere to testing timelines and data delivery requirements, communicating status as required to inform stakeholders.
- Provide quality control evaluations of various next generation sequencing assays, across multiple applications.
- Troubleshoot software problems which may arise during the course of analysis.
- Providing documentation of situations and forming of testing data.
- Assist Sr. Bioinformaticist in the analysis of large-scale validation projects for new assays which are being evaluated by the organization.
- Develop documentation of analyses conducted and/or analysis plans and specifications, as appropriate.
- Participate in software development lifecycle, where feedback/requirements/issues/bugs are communicated to Software Engineers, Development Leads and Product Owners.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong knowledge in Linux/UNIX-based systems.
- Basic understanding of standard utilities such as Bash, SED, or AWK.
- Knowledge of either Perl or Python a plus.
- Ability to effectively handle multiple tasks and projects, providing updates and forecasting status.
- General knowledge of Next Generation Sequencing data and output formats.
- Familiarity of high performance computing environments and job scheduling.
- Good organizational, interpersonal, leadership and communication skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree or educational equivalent in Bioinformatics, Statistics, Genomics or related field; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience of which bioinformatics is a component.
- Extensive use of keyboard requiring repetitive motion of fingers.
- Regular sitting for extended periods of time.