Data Science Specialist / Product Consultant
Databiology is a fast-growing international software company focused on the Life Sciences and Healthcare Biomedical data markets.
We are looking to increase our customer-facing team in the UK and are seeking a biologist or bioinformatician to be the scientific and technical liaison between our external customers and partners to understand their use case requirements and to demonstrate how the Databiology software can fulfil such requirements.
Our software (platform) functions as a central research and management hub for end-to-end life sciences’ R&D processes, sitting at the intersection between an organisation’s data, analytics applications, and technology infrastructure.
In this role, the product Consultant will directly engage with customers to ensure the successful use of the Databiology software.
- Maintain strong knowledge and a thorough understanding of the Databiology software platform, features and value-adds.
- Work on a collaborative basis with our customers to understand their requirements and to explain how the Databiology software can fulfil those requirements (pre-contract)
- Partner with customers (post contract), providing onboarding, training, support and leadership to ensure the successful deployment and use of our software to deliver to their expectations and our commitments, becoming a critical team member in their successes
- Provide customer insights and recommendations to help direct our technology development roadmap.
- Suggest, research and provide domain subject matter expertise & knowledge
- Maintain high standards, attention to detail, accuracy and completeness on deliverables
Capabilities and Requirements
- MSc / PhD in bioinformatics, computational biology, systems biology, biophysics, computer science, MIS, Business Administration, Health IT or related and relevant experience.
- Deep knowledge of biology and genomic concepts, data management and analysis methods, and their representation in software systems, with experience in scientific research involving multiple large-scale biological datasets.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both oral and written. Candidates should be capable of presenting technical information to non-experts in a clear and concise manner.
- Demonstrated work experience managing projects with minimal supervision.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to hear multiple perspectives on given issues
- Out-of-the-box problem-solving skills
- Interest in, and comfort with, an entrepreneurial, highly dynamic business environment with cutting-edge technology
- Strong background with open source technologies (e.g. Docker, Linux e.g. Ubuntu, Debian….) and virtualization infrastructure (e.g. KVM)
- The candidate should already have the right to work in UK
Databiology careers provide flexibility for growth, entrepreneurship and collaboration. We value a fun working environment with results-oriented teams and high levels of decision-making autonomy. We support conference attendance, networking events, and technical training aligned with company strategy and offer a competitive compensation package.
If you are interested in joining our team, please apply by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "Product specialist - UK"