RNA-Seq Data Analysis Workshop
Quality Control, Read Mapping, Visualization and Downstream Analyses
In a nutshell
- Learn the essential computing skills for NGS bioinformatics
- Understand NGS analysis algorithms (e.g. read alignment) and data formats
- Use bioinformatics tools for handling RNA-Seq data
- Create diagnostic graphics and statistics
- Compare different approaches for differential expression analysis
When? September 23 - 26, 2019
Where? Leipzig, Germany
Scope and Topics
The purpose of this workshop is to get a deeper understanding in Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS) with a special focus on bioinformatics issues. Advantages and disadvantages of current sequencing technologies and their implications on data analysis will be discovered. You will be trained on understanding NGS data formats and handling potential problems/errors therein. In the course we will use a real-life RNA-seq dataset from the current market leader illumina.
All workshop attendees will be enabled to perform important first tasks of NGS data analysis themselves. The course layout has been adapted to the needs of beginners in the field of NGS bioinformatics and allows scientists with no or little background in computer science to get a first hands-on experience in this new and fast evolving research topic.
Read our detailed course program.