Location: Houston, TX, USA
JOB SUMMARY: Senior software engineer to develop linux based genomic analysis pipeline system.
- Develop and optimize the bioinformatics pipeline systems at Baylor
- Develop and Install software and assist in administration of Linux
systems in a virtualized environment, optimizing storage access and
managing scientific software.
- Assist in managing systems for the bioinformatics group.
- Develop software and modify existing software as needed.
- Have deep experience with programming languages.
- Vast experience with using databases including relational and NoSQL
JOB QUALIFICATIONS (REQUIRED):
- Computer systems administration and programming background.
- Senior Bioinformatics software Engineer (10+ years) with strong background in genomics.
- Great communication skills
- Experience with building, optimizing, and architecting bioinformatic data pipelines
- Experience with administration of Linux systems and software installation.
- Strong experience with compiled programming languages (e.g. Java, C++, etc.) and interpreted programming languages (Python, Perl, bash etc.)
- Deep knowledge of SQL and NoSQL databases and big data.
- Background with genomic cluster e.g. SLURM a plus.
- Experience with optimizing a distributed system based on solr a plus.
- Working previously in health care related company a plus.
- Knowledge of Agile methodology and frameworks like Scrum and Kanban a plus.
BACKGROUND: Bachelor’s degree and ten (10) years background in bioinformatics software engineering and Linux/Unix Administration