Location: Houston, TX, USA
- Develop, Operate and help administer the bioinformatics pipeline systems at Baylor Genetics.
- Install software and assist in administration of linux systems in a virtualized environment, optimizing storage access and managing scientific software installations.
- Assist in managing systems for the bioinformatics group.
- Develop software and modify existing software as needed.
- Have familiarity with programming languages.
- Familiarity with database activities including relational and NoSQL structures.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS (REQUIRED):
- Computer systems administration and programming background.
- Bioinformatics Pipeline Engineer
- Great communication skills
- Experience with administration of Linux systems and software installation
- Experience or exposure to one or more compiled programming languages (e.g. Java, C++, etc.) and one or more interpreted programming languages (Python, Perl, bash etc.)
- Working knowledge of SQL; Experience with big data, NoSQL databases, and health care a plus.
- Knowledge of Agile methodology and frameworks like Scrum and Kanban a plus.
BACKGROUND: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field or scientific degree AND two (2) years background in Linux/Unix Administration