Canton Biologics is a biotechnology company specializing in research and development of protein products. We can provide customers with one-stop service from DNA -- pre-clinical CMC medicine. The contents include the construction of cell lines according to GMP standard, preparation of MCB/WCB cell bank for production, and development of biological pharmaceutical upstream (200L scale), downstream, preparation and quality control process according to GMP standard.
Canton Biologics R&D center is located in the center of Foshan, Guangdong province (China), which is connected to the province capital, Guangzhou, by subway. A speed train connects Guangzhou and Hong Kong and in 2019 there will be a speed train that will connect Foshan and Guangzhou, which will take approx. 10 min journey.
You will participate on the ongoing projects, participate in the R&D of the cell platforms that enable the production of high quality and high quantity of biologics/recombinant proteins. We also support original research ideas that lead to publications in the high quality international journals.
Initially, the work will focus on the analysis of genomic and transcriptomics NGS datasets. As the bioinformatics team grows, it the work will span proteomics, glycosilation and protein folding areas as well.
Responsibilities and tasks;
- Implement existing and novel methods for designing mammalian cell factories,
- Optimize, test, and benchmark tools
- Maintain a repository of well documented and tested methods, algorithms, software, and web-services
- if needed, introduce/establish modern software development practices, and help educate scientists and engineers within the company
- relaxed work environment, intellectual property rights, complete salary and welfare system (competitive basic salary, project bonus, annual bonus, social insurance....), possibility of promotion and formation of your own team, management knowledge training,
Languages: we use English and Mandarin. Knowledge of English only is enough to apply for the position.
Probation period: 3 months
The qualifications and qualities we look for:
Required: excellent knowledge of statistics and sufficient understanding of molecular/cell biology.
Previous experience working with data sets generated from mammalian cell lines would be great!
MSc or higher qualification in STEM. Experience in analyzing omics data sets.
We are looking for a creative and outcome-focused person, who can effectively communicate findings and requirements to the scientists from other research areas.
Start date: as soon as possible.
Contact: interested candidates please send a one A4 CV with references to or HR Manager, Ms. Lu Liu at email@example.com