Professor Jie Zheng's Research Group (Data Analysis via Cognitive Computing Lab) at School of Information Science and Technology, Shanghaitech University, is looking for a postdoctoral fellow or research scientist. Employees will be engaged in cutting-edge research in biomedical informatics, artificial intelligence and data science, and report to the research group PI. The main research directions of the research group include data science, bioinformatics, big data of health care, application of artificial intelligence technology in biomedicine, etc. Detailed information can be found on Professor Jie Zheng's website： http://hr.shanghaitech.edu.cn/2018/1206/c4791a37743/page.htm https://shanghaitechzhengjielab.github.io/Zhenglab.github.io/index.htm
- Independently propose research problems and conduct research, and write research papers.
- Assist PI to manage the research team and guide students to do research.
- Assist PI to apply for scientific research funds.
- Doctorate degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics or Automation. Other related majors such as Biology, Chemistry and Physics can also be considered. It’s better to have training background in machine learning, bioinformatics or systems biology.
- At least 2 papers have been published in international journals or conferences in related fields.
- Excellent English reading, written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills
- Experience of Python, R, C/C++, Java or MATLAB programming languages for algorithm, software design, mathematical modeling and data analysis.
- Ability to do scientific research independently and have team spirit. Experience in teaching or guiding students' research is preferred.
Application Method: Send the following materials to Dr. Jie Zheng (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Ms. Li Wang (email@example.com)
- A detailed Chinese/English resume: including study and work experiences, main research work, list of publications, awards, contact information of at least two referees, etc.
- A research Statement: Introduce past research experiences, achievements and future research plan;
- Two representative papers
About ShanghaiTech University:
ShanghaiTech is a young resource-rich university with a modern residential campus in the heart of Shanghai Pudong’s Zhangjiang Hi-Tech Park, China. With an academic focus on STEAM research, ShanghaiTech is committed to carrying out China’s national development strategy and nurturing the next generation of innovative scientists, inventors and entrepreneurs.
With the backing and support of the Shanghai Municipal Government and China Academy of Science, ShanghaiTech’s five schools and three research institutes seek cutting-edge solutions to address the challenges that China and the world is facing in the fields of energy, material, environment, human health, and artificial intelligence.
About SIST: The School of Information Science and Technology (SIST) is one of the four inaugural schools of ShanghaiTech University. SIST's mission is to cultivate, nurture, educate, and train future technology innovators, enterprise leaders, R&D specialists, and entrepreneurs in information science and technology. The SIST integrates world-leading scientific research environment with life-enriching and transformative education experience for our students. The Schools cutting-edge research activities are designed to address global and national strategic challenges and needs of information science and technology. The School promotes both basic and applied research of the highest level by recruiting world-class scholars and researchers with international reputation as faculty members to establish state-of-the-art core technology laboratories, by collaborating broadly and closely with world-leading universities, research institutions, and hi-tech companies, and by taking advantages of Yangtze Deltas vibrant eco-environment rich with academic talents, financial strength, hi-tech industrial base, and superb regional economic policies. SIST is committed to undertaking and support national key R&D projects, with strong aspiration for scientific and technological breakthroughs. SIST has the clear objective of becoming a regional, national, and international development workhorse by directly contributing to global technological advances with creative ideas and disruptive innovations. The School emphasizes the establishment of an innovative and personalized education system for our undergraduate and post-graduate students. Our curriculum centers on individual academic supervision in all educational processes and learning activities. We promote an innovative and modernized educational experience to keep pace with rapidly evolving R&D areas of information science and technology. In doing so, SIST can provide personalized teaching and training programs for students of various interests, backgrounds, and needs. The School continues to deliver a cutting-edge curriculum that consists of practical/advanced courses, exchange programs and internship opportunities with world-leading universities, research institutions, and hi-tech companies. We also offer special joint degree programs with international partner universities. By integrating teaching (campus), research (laboratory), and practice (company), SIST is proud of its competitive graduates who exhibit balanced characteristics of vision, ethics, responsibility, leadership, creativity, and entrepreneurship.