We are looking for a talented Ph.D. candidate to help us advance state of the art on various aspects of DNA storage. The candidate will be embedded in the Data Science department at EURECOM and will be a part of the EU-funded FET project OligoArchive (https://www.oligoarchive.eu/) that focuses on developing a DNA-based archival system for relational databases. The candidate will be supervised by Dr. Raja Appuswamy and pursue various research activities, like developing efficient encoding schemes for storing structured data, designing scalable algorithms for decoding data from sequenced reads, investigating techniques for implementing access methods over DNA storage, etcetera.
- Masters degree in Computer Science or Bioinformatics with strong algorithmic knowledge (Knowledge of genomic data analysis is a plus)
- Excellent programming skills in C++ (Parallel programming with GPUs is a plus)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (English)
What we offer
- Strong international research environment with supervision from experienced faculty.
- Opportunities to collaborate with renowned scientists worldwide.
- Well-paid Ph.D position, in an area known for both its beauty and tech ecosystem (Sophia Antipolis).
The position is available immediately, and the application evaluation will also start immediately, so early applications are encouraged. Interested individuals should submit the following documents (in English):
- Curriculum Vitae, including your current contact address, transcript of certificates and grades (with a list of university courses taken), and previous publications (if any)
- Motivation letter including research and education perspectives
- Contact information for 2 referees at your current and/or previous affiliations
Applications should be submitted by e-mail to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org with the reference: DS_RA_PhD_Oligoarchive_092019
Start date: ASAP