Evotec is a leader in the discovery and development of novel small molecule drugs with operational sites in Europe and the US. The Company has built substantial drug discovery expertise and an industrialized platform that can drive new innovative small molecule compounds into the clinic. In addition, Evotec has built a deep internal knowledge base in key therapeutic areas including neuroscience, pain, inflammation, oncology, metabolic and infectious diseases. Leveraging these skills and expertise the Company intends to deliver superior science-driven discovery alliances with pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies.
At our subsidiary in Goettingen, the Bioinformatics team is looking for a dedicated and professional
Research Scientist Bioinformatics (f/m/d)
with a keen interest in applying state of the art single-cell RNA-Seq Bioinformatics to target id and drug discovery.
At Evotec, we are applying scRNA-Seq methods together with large-scale Transcriptomics, Proteomics, CRISPR and compound screening to generate large volumes of biological data. In close collaboration with wet-lab and project scientists, the Bioinformatics team analyzes these data to generate knowledge about gene function and compound activities in various disease areas. As integral part of the data analysis, we develop our own pan-omics software platform.
Your key responsibilities
- Perform scRNA-Seq data analysis and data interpretation within our interactive platform
- Evaluate or develop tools and visualizations for scRNA-Seq data analysis and implement them in our platform
- Work with researchers in interdisciplinary project teams in multiple research programs and support scientists with your expertise in scRNA-Seq
- Master’s degree or PhD in bioinformatics, computational biology or a related natural science discipline
- Experience in scRNA-Seq data analysis and methods
- Proficiency in working with bioinformatics tools and understanding of common bioinformatics algorithms
- Knowledge of software development methodology (version control, testing, documentation) is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work independently in a fast-paced work environment
- A permanent position within a vigorous and exciting professional environment promoted by an open culture and a spirit of community
- A diverse, international workforce with a dynamic working environment that fosters creativity, innovations and teamwork
- Capital-forming benefits, holiday pay and annual bonus payment depending on performance
To apply, please visit our career page and provide your application documents (CV and cover letter including earliest possible start date and salary requirements). We are curious to get to know you and we are looking forward to your application.