UNC Charlotte Dept. of Bioinformatics is seeking a full time research scientist. The incumbent will develop and apply machine/deep learning methods for big data analysis, integration and visualization. S/he will work on a range of high throughput genomics/omics, medical and text data, and cutting edge projects on complex diseases and biomedical problems.
In our research group, we develop statistical/analytical methods and software. Some of them are widely used by tens of thousands of scientists over the world, including Pathview and GAGE for pathway analysis. We apply big data and advanced analytics to solve important and complex problems in biomedicine. For example, we recently were working on autism and neuropsychiatric disorders. One of our recent focuses is machine methods based on information theory and Bayesian networks, and deep learning methods including DNN, RNN, Autoencoder and GAN etc.
- Solid statistics training
- Familiar with machine learning and deep learning techniques
- R, Python, Unix/Linux shell, version control (svn or git)
- Genetics/genomics data analysis (WES/WGS, RNA-seq, sequence analysis) is a plus
- Software or web development is a plus
- Self-motivated and disciplined, time and project management skills
- Proven research/development experience, publication records
Education: PhD (or Master + 3 years working experience) in statistics/biostatistics, bioinformatics, computational genetics, computer science, or related fields.
Salary and benefits: Competitive Salary + benefit package, may sponsor J1 visa
Start Date: As soon as possible
*Application: Please send a resume and the names of 2-3 references to: weijun.luo[AT]uncc.edu