bioinformatics@stoke is growing.
Stoke is pioneering a new way to treat the underlying cause of severe genetic diseases by precisely upregulating protein expression. We develop antisense oligonucleotide medicines that increase gene expression to treat genetic epilepsies and other severe monogenic diseases, including genetic conditions affecting the central nervous system, eye, liver and kidney. We believe our proprietary technology platform, Targeted Augmentation of Nuclear Gene Output, or TANGO, will allow us to deliver disease-modifying therapies in a highly precise, durable and controlled manner.
Reporting to the Head of Bioinformatics, the Bioinformatics Analyst will work collaboratively with data and experimental scientists to develop and expand internal computing capabilities within the Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud environment. The candidate will create and use a wide range of tools to develop highly scalable web applications in the cloud. The successful candidate will have access to cutting-edge methodology and technologies, such as cloud computing, Container as a Service (CaaS), and serverless web applications, to deliver complex data analytics to end users.
The candidate will work in a highly dynamic and collaborative environment to gain vast expertise in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry. More importantly, the work will have direct impact in helping to accelerate the treatment of severe genetic diseases.
- Develop and maintain serverless web applications to deliver complex genomic results
- Develop and validate bioinformatics workflow for NGS data (bulk and single-cell RNA sequencing data) from various databases and downstream analyses
- Work very closely with the research team to explore and analyze NGS data in order to answer project-specific questions
- Develop bioinformatics workflows to automate frequently used analytical procedures
- Maintain detailed documentation and well annotated scripts
- Use best practices for reproducible research
Skills and Experience:
- B.S. or M.S. in bioinformatics, computational biology, computer science, software engineering, mathematics, systems biology, or any related quantitative field
- 2+ years of industry experience
- Proficiency in Python is required
- Working knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3
- Comfortable with database related technologies (SQL, NoSQL, or BigQuery)
- Must be comfortable working in Linux/Unix environments
- Experience with current analytical methods for processing and mining NGS data
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; proven ability to work effectively within a team
- Background in pharmaceutical industry or previous biotech experience
- Familiarity with RNA biology, especially RNA splicing, is a huge plus
- Proficient in R programming
- Strong understanding of RESTful API use and development
- Previous experience in CaaS
- Experience with building, deploying, and maintaining software solutions in a cloud-based architecture and serverless computing
Primary Location: Bedford, MA
Send me your CV at https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=c8e43a41-abd7-4dc1-92e4-3ab8c9e1a977&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=344782&lang=en_US&source=CC4 or visit https://www.stoketherapeutics.com/ to learn more about Stoke.