PostDoc opportunity to work with Fritz J Sedlazeck https://fritzsedlazeck.github.io/
Title: Postdoctoral Associate
Division: Human Genome Sequencing Center
Schedule: Monday-Friday; 8:00am-5:00pm
Work Location: Baylor Main Campus, Houston, TX
Salary Range: $50,004
FLSA Status: Exempt
Requisition ID: 2700
The Baylor College of Medicine Human Genome Sequencing Center (BCM-HGSC) is one of three large-scale sequencing centers funded by the National Institutes of Health. As one of the three major centers in the United States, the BCM-HGSC provides a unique opportunity to work with cutting edge genomic science. The Human Genome Sequencing Center (HGSC) at Baylor College of Medicine is seeking to recruit a Postdoctoral Associate. This position requires a trained bioinformatician, preferably with experience in programming, genomics and next-generation sequencing. The position will focus on the detect of Structural Variations at scale across multiple thousands of short-read genome data sets. This includes the computational method development and analysis of samples over AWS and Google cloud environments. We are looking for an enthusiastic, driven team player with excellent written and verbal communication skills. There will also be opportunities to contribute to other projects at the HGSC that drive novel discovery in areas of human health and precision medicine in complex diseases. Job Purpose
Postdoctoral Associates are trainees working in an apprenticeship mode in preparation for a career as a scientific professional.
- Performs in-depth sequence analyses on large genomic datasets.
- Applies existing/ develop novel bioinformatics software to both well- defined and novel genome analysis problems.
- Researches assess and customize third-party bioinformatics software.
Education: A Ph.D. degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, or related fields with a dissertation related to Computational Biology.
- Published at least two first-author papers in English and demonstrated written communication skills in English.
- Next-Gen Sequencing tools (SAMtools, BWA, bedtools, etc.).
- Experience in computational method NGS development (Python/Perl/C++).
- Experience in working with UNIX & Cluster environments (SGE/Slurm).
Application Link: https://jobs.bcm.edu/job/Houston-Postdoctoral-Associate-Texa/617544300/