Hands-on Training in Metagenomics Data Analysis
National Institutes of Health
9000 Rockville Pike
Building 60, Room 162
Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Metagenomics is gaining importance due to low cost next generation sequencing technologies.This training will introduce participants to the end-to-endsolutions for analyzing metagenomic data, starting from data quality analysis, alignment, community profiling, taxonomic comparison and novel taxa discovery.
Hands-on Skills/Tools Taught
- Processing and Analysis : mothur, FLASh
- Analysis : Permanova
- Analysis : ANOSIM
- Marker analysis : LEfSe
- Marker analysis : QIIME
- Functional analysis : PICRUSt
- Metagenomics analysis : A5miseq
- Contig annotation : MEGAN
- Functional analysis : bioBakery
- Advanced visualizations : phyloseq
- Network analysis : Cytoscape
- Participants will work with a Graphic User Interface based Linux Desktop environment in the Amazon Cloud, that is specially configured to run popular open source metagenomics analysis tools.
- Participants will also receive a cookbookstyle manual for all the handson exercises.
For more information and registration, please visit the following page; Information and Registration