Seven Bridges aims to transform healthcare by developing innovative technologies to address the challenges in representing and understanding the diversity of the human genome and the changes that lead to disease. We have described and implemented the Genome Graph paradigm to robustly, accurately and quickly recover the human genome from sequencing data, and to highlight significant mutations.The role involves enhancing this software implementation, comprised of novel data structures and advanced computational procedures, to further improve clinical discoveries.
Graph Genome R&D Engineer will work closely with Graph Product Director and Graph Technology Director to ultimately build and deliver scientific software solutions that deliver the best possible outcomes for Seven Bridges, our customers, and ultimately patients. In support of this aim, the candidate will:
- Engage in full life-cycle of computational biology tools from greenfield exploration to validated products.
- Develop, test, and iterate algorithms to ensure robust and scalable implementations.
- Share expertise and guidance within the team and with external scientific collaborators
- Engage experts at client/partner organizations and communicate scientific needs.
- Present Graph technology and success stories both in verbal and written format
- Fully understand and support execution of top priority deliverables to support team objectives
Graph Genome R&D Engineer will be expected to have an analytical background, ideally honed on a relevant scientific discipline, e.g. bioinformatics, computational biology, genomics. The candidate will be expected to demonstrate the following:
- Experience of developing software for scientific or engineering applications
- Experience of using sound benchmarks to guide software development
- Deep knowledge of C++ and numerical algorithms (3 years demonstrated experience)
- Working knowledge of Python programming languages (demonstrated knowledge of standard numerical libraries)
- Willingness to collaborate, constantly learn, adapt, and evolve
- Ability to manage uncertainty, demonstrate good judgement and incorporate data into decisions whenever appropriate and feasible