Applied Materials is an innovation-driven company. Our ability to identify emerging technologies that can enable our customers to overcome their challenges, by leverage Applied Materials’ engineering expertise is critical to our continued growth.
Applied Materials is working on a highly innovative biotechnology development project that involves the development of new assays and a high throughput imaging instrument. The project team is a growing, dynamic, and multidisciplinary group of scientists and technologists from fields of optics, material science, biology, biochemistry, bioinformatics and software engineering.
In this challenging but rewarding career opportunity, you will work with system engineers, bench scientists and other engineers to develop solutions for our high-throughput bioimaging platform. You will develop scalable analytical methods, according to customer needs and your skills. You should be passionate about the transformative potential of imaging data, and our mission to reduce time to result and usability of massive amount of data. You should have a flexible and learning mindset, be able to work in a fluid and dynamic environment, be comfortable working with globally distributed development teams and have a strong desire to pursue creative solutions to challenging problems. This requires you to:
- Work with global engineering teams to support software development efforts, including test, deploy, and validate data analysis pipelines
- Analyzing experimental results to ensure the team continues progressing to the desired biological assay performance
- Troubleshoot problems, address issues, and answer questions from internal users, collaborators, and customers
- Play a key scientific role leveraging innovative computation methods
- Design quality control, data harmonization, data cleanup and data management strategies for large, complex data sets
- Create documentation and training materials
Education and Experience:
Minimum of a Master Degree in Bioinformatics, Engineering, or Life Sciences related field. We welcome applicants with scientific or biomedical academic degrees and demonstrated experience in data science.
- Demonstrated expertise in at least one scripting languages such as MATLAB (preferred), Python or R for pipelines and complex data analysis.
- Strong knowledge on core concepts of applied statistics.
- Knowledge of core concepts in applied statistics is a requirement.
- Experience in application of Machine Learning/AI with large-scale biomarker data is desirable.
- Well-developed documentation and technical report writing skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Fluent in English.
This position is located in Singapore and report directly to the Scientific Manager in Santa Clara. Some travel is required.