Entering edit mode
3.3 years ago
Israel Barrantes ▴ 790
The Institute for Biostatistics and Informatics in Medicine and Ageing Research at the Rostock University Medical Center (Germany) seeks a highly qualified candidate for a PhD scholarship with a focus on bioinformatics (NGS/omics) analyses.
- Intervention effect analyses using omics data, specifically in a study of the effect of food on cellular senescence and health.
- Biomarker analyses using omics data, specifically in a study investigating cellular senescence and disease.
- Machine learning and network‐biology based analyses and data integration.
- Writing scientific reports and papers.
What we offer:
- Investigating the exciting biological mechanisms behind cellular senescence, ageing, microbiome changes and fibrosis
- A stimulating diverse and international research environment, where your contribution can have a real impact.
- Funding for travelling, equipment, books, etc.
- A master degree in bioinformatics or computer science or a related field in the medical/life/natural sciences.
- Programming/ scripting skills, e.g. in Java/ R.
- Experience in bioinformatics data analysis.
- High motivation to work in an interdisciplinary team spanning cancer, neuro, and ageing research.
- Strong communication skills (oral presentations and in writing).
How to apply:
Send the following documents until March 20th 2020 as a single PDF document:
- Cover letter explaining relevant experiences, a brief statement of research interests, and qualifications
- CV (including your current position and country of residence)
- Contact details of 2‐4 scientists who may write a letter of recommendation.
To: c/o Prof. Fuellen, bioinfo-jobs[at]med.uni-rostock.de Please indicate “Rostock_PhD_Application” in the e‐mail subject.
is this email address bioinfo‐email@example.com‐rostock.de correct??
Yes. Did you get any errors after sending a message?
Yes Israel, My mail got bounced back saying its wrong email ID
Replacing the hyphens with standard ASCII ones should work.
Yo mean to say instead of "-" between "bioinfo-jobs" and "uni-rostock" I should use ASCII value "45" ? Can I write to you for this position?
Yes, please use standard hyphens. Alternatively, you can send me the required documents at: israel.barrantes[at]uni-rostock.de