Starting Salary Range: $32.00-$35.91/hourly. Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Apply Here: jobs.ucsc.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=72318
Involves technical acumen for planning, designing, developing, implementing and administering data-based systems that acquire, prepare, store and provide access to data and metadata. Maintains and optimizes systems and migrates data and systems as needed. Ensures integrity and completeness of data and workflow, manages and / or develops data practices, databases and information systems as well as guidelines, dictionaries, registries and / or services. May include interpretation of scientific research data artifacts as well as mediation across science and technology domains and long-term data care. As information architect and data steward, designs systems, data products and / or data production processes while focusing on data curation, data exchange, data security, data integrity and information environments. (Re)evaluates frameworks, strategies, standards and standards-making activities. May involve work with a project-level data repository, a center or an archive.
- Bachelor's degree in biological science, computational/programming, or related area and / or equivalent experience / training.
- Basic experience either in a biomedical lab or with use of genomic sequencing machinery.
- Basic knowledge of modern biology and an applicable field of research.
- Experience using bioinformatics methods and data structures.
- Basic knowledge of applications programming, scripting and web development in a UNIX environment.
- Basic knowledge of and experience with databases.
- Demonstrated experience in working with large data sets and spreadsheets.
- Basic project management skills.
- Interpersonal skills sufficient to work effectively and diplomatically with both internal and external technical and non-technical personnel at various levels.
- Ability to communicate technical and non-technical information and scientific concepts in a clear and concise manner in English.
- Ability to self-motivate, learn quickly, meet deadlines and solve problems.