Hello Biostars community,
We are delighted to announce our OMA Corona Browser instance, which comprises 119 Nidovirales species. This encompasses the human SARS viruses, but also other coronaviruses and other single-stranded RNA viruses. Some of these viruses affect humans, while others affect bats, mice, horses, pigs, turkeys, cats, ferrets, etc. This browser is intended to be a resource for researchers in the coronavirus community.
All the key functionalities of the regular OMA browser are available. Namely, you can:
- obtain Gene Ontology functional annotations of coronavirus genes
- create a phylogenetic tree with Export Marker Genes function
- explore patterns of duplication and loss with the iHam visualization tool
- obtain gene families with the Hierarchical Orthologous Groups
- assess the conservation of local genomic neighborhood across multiple species
- map new gene sequences to existing gene families and inferring the function
- visualize of domain architecture and comparison to other HOGs
- retrieve the data using the REST API, or R/Bioconductor or Python libraries
Any feedback appreciated!