We are looking for a postdoctoral researcher interested in joining the fight against COVID-19 and contributing to the project “WikiPathways as a platform for COVID-19 pathway models” recently granted by the Dutch ZonMw funds. We focus on identifying underlying mechanisms explaining the differences in host immune response, disease severity and detection of mechanisms for targeted (drug) treatment.
Within this project, your main tasks combine the curation of existing and novel COVID-19 related molecular pathway models with data analysis of different kinds of -omics data using pathway and network analysis approaches. You are expected to present and publish the results and collaborate with other scientists within the COVID-19 Disease Map project. Additional requirements are readiness to take on smaller administrative and educational duties within the department.
In short, the function includes:
- COVID-19 related molecular pathway curation
- Evaluation and improvement of current curation process
- Bioinformatics data analysis using pathway and network approaches
- Publishing results in scientific journals
- Collaboration with other researchers in the WikiPathways and the COVID19 Disease Maps project
- Contribution to grant writing activities to bring funding to the lab
- Taking on educational roles at Maastricht University
Full description and application via this page.