Currently I am using Biopython's Esearch to get the list of papers for a searchterm. Unfortunately I'm getting different results when i compare them to the web search results. I have already tried to use the sort function but it does not help. The total number of search results also differs.
For Example if i am using the following code to search for "sclerosis":
from Bio import Entrez def search(query): Entrez.email = 'email@example.com' handle = Entrez.esearch(db='pubmed', sort='pub date', retmax='10', retmode='xml', term=query) results = Entrez.read(handle) print(results['Count']) return results def fetch_details(id_list): ids = ','.join(id_list) Entrez.email = 'firstname.lastname@example.org' handle = Entrez.efetch(db='pubmed', retmode='xml', id=ids) results = Entrez.read(handle) return results if __name__ == '__main__': results = search('sclerosis') id_list = results['IdList'] papers = fetch_details(id_list) for i, paper in enumerate(papers['PubmedArticle']): print("%d) %s" % (i + 1, paper['MedlineCitation']['Article']['ArticleTitle']))
- Therapeutic potential of neuromodulation for demyelinating diseases.
- Astaxanthin Reduces Demyelination and Oligodendrocytes Death in A Rat Model of Multiple Sclerosis.
- AI-Based Methods and Technologies to Develop Wearable Devices for Prosthetics and Predictions of Degenerative Diseases.
- RNA Editing in Neurological and Neurodegenerative Disorders.
- Neuromuscular junction mitochondrial enrichment: a "double-edged sword" underlying the selective motor neuron vulnerability in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis.
- Fused in sarcoma-amyotrophic lateral sclerosis as a novel member of DNA single strand break diseases with pure neurological phenotypes.
- Mending the broken in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis: DNA damage and repair in motor neuron degeneration.
- Cognitive impairment in multiple sclerosis: lessons from cerebrospinal fluid biomarkers.
- Reorganization of multiple sclerosis health care system in Clinical Centre of Montenegro during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Mélange intéressante: COVID-19, autologous transplants and multiple sclerosis.
However i try to sort the results on the websearch or on my code below but I dont get the same results.