CITRE, based in Seville, Spain, is Bristol-Myers Squibb’s research institute in Europe, and link to the European research community. Informatics & Predictive Sciences at CITRE performs innovative computational research to inform decisions across all stages of drug development. Areas of research include computational and network biology, machine/deep learning, cheminformatics, predictive modeling, patient stratification, and method development for analysis and interpretation of biological and real-world data. In close collaboration with our in-house laboratory, we look to set a new standard in rational design of novel targeted therapies for well-defined patient segments.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, creative and collaborative Research Scientist, Computational Biology Methods to join a multi-disciplinary team to:
- Develop and apply innovative computational approaches to gain insights from complex and multidimensional large-scale biological datasets in cancer and other disease areas.
- Identify and adapt optimal analysis methods for studies into target identification, elucidation of mechanisms, patient selection and patient stratification
- Implement statistical frameworks for e.g. integrative analysis of varied data, network-based inference, interrogating single cell data
- Apply the methods to inform the clinical development of pipeline compounds and the discovery of novel therapies
- PhD in a relevant discipline, accompanied by original research publications.
- Expertise in scripting/programming (e.g. R, Matlab, Python or others) and relevant libraries and software (e.g. Bioconductor).
- Advanced mathematical and statistical skills. Machine learning expertise a plus.
- Familiarity with methods for high-throughput biological data, e.g. RNA-seq, WGS/WES, ChIP-seq, proteomics, etc
- Experience with high-performance computing, including cloud computing, would be advantageous
- Attention to detail and capacity to communicate technical/scientific concepts clearly and concisely to audiences of varied backgrounds.
- Verbal and written English language fluency.
Please, attach a cover letter with your motivation for applying to this role, this would be highly appreciated in order to consider your profile for this opportunity.
The position advertised is fixed-term (24 months) and based in Seville, Spain. These positions present a unique opportunity to experience research in an industry setting and to contribute to helping patients with unmet medical need, while performing cutting-edge research and maintaining close ties to academia.