CITRE, based in Seville, Spain, is Bristol-Myers Squibb's research institute in Europe, and link to the European research community. Informatics & Predictive Sciences at CITRE performs innovative computational research to inform decisions across all stages of drug development. Areas of research include computational and network biology, machine/deep learning, cheminformatics, predictive modeling, patient stratification, and method development for analysis and interpretation of biological and real-world data. In close collaboration with our in-house laboratory, we look to set a new standard in rational design of novel targeted therapies for well-defined patient segments.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, creative and collaborative Research Scientist, Predictive Sciences (Cellular Phenotypes) to join a multi-disciplinary team to:
- Develop and apply machine learning strategies to derive insight from varied phenotypic readouts of disease biology e.g. pathology images, cellular imaging, growth assays
- Implement and critically evaluate creative statistical methods to discover spatial relationships within disease tissues
- Explore deep learning and graph-based methods to process and extract features from high-content data
- Build robust and efficient solutions using on-site or cloud-based infrastructure
- Collaborate with in-house laboratory to enable novel phenotypic readouts for target validation
- PhD in a relevant discipline, such as, but not limited to, biomedical engineering, computer science, biophysics, accompanied by original research publications
- Strong grasp of scientific programming languages (e.g. Python, R) and relevant libraries and software (eg. PyTorch, ImageJ, spatstats)
- Prior experience building machine learning solutions in a real-world context. Biological application preferred but not required
- Demonstrated ability to clearly communicate technical concepts to audiences with diverse scientific backgrounds
- Previous experience using cloud-based computing, GPU programming, and software engineering frameworks (e.g. Docker, Git)
- Verbal and written English language fluency.
For interested candidates, address to communicate is firstname.lastname@example.org and the role is based in Seville, Spain. Opportunity is open for applications from anywhere. Please, attach a cover letter with your motivation for applying to this role, this would be highly appreciated in order to consider your profile for this opportunity.
The position advertised is fixed-term (24 months) and based in Seville, Spain. These positions present a unique opportunity to experience research in an industry setting and to contribute to helping patients with unmet medical need, while performing cutting-edge research and maintaining close ties to academia.