CITRE, based in Seville, Spain, is Bristol-Myers Squibb's research institute in Europe, and link to the European research community. Informatics & Predictive Sciences at CITRE performs innovative computational research to inform decisions across all stages of drug development. Areas of research include computational and network biology, machine/deep learning, cheminformatics, predictive modeling, patient stratification, and method development for analysis and interpretation of biological and real-world data. In close collaboration with our in-house laboratory, we look to set a new standard in rational design of novel targeted therapies for well-defined patient segments.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, creative and collaborative Research Scientist, Predictive Science (Integrative Multi-Omics) to join a multi-disciplinary team to:
- Develop and apply computational strategies to mine large-scale collections of molecular data of cancer and other disease areas, such as (single-cell) transcriptomic and (epi)genomic data
- Implement and critically evaluate novel methods, using e.g. deep learning, to represent and extract features from multi-dimensional, high-content data
- Develop integrative methods for multi-layered single-cell measurements
- Build robust and efficient solutions using on-site or cloud-based infrastructure
- Collaborate with computational and experimental scientists to derive and validate insights of therapeutic relevance
- PhD in a relevant discipline, accompanied by original research publications
- Experience analyzing omics and single-cell data
- Strong grasp of scientific programming languages (e.g. Python, R) and relevant libraries and software (e.g. TensorFlow).
- Strong technical and theoretical foundation in computational methods
- Demonstrated ability to clearly communicate technical concepts to audiences with diverse scientific backgrounds
- Previous experience using cloud-based computing and software engineering frameworks (e.g. Docker, Git). Experience with GPU programming a plus
- Verbal and written English language fluency.
For interested candidates, address to communicate is firstname.lastname@example.org and the role is based in Seville, Spain. Opportunity is open for applications from anywhere. Please, attach a cover letter with your motivation for applying to this role, this would be highly appreciated in order to consider your profile for this opportunity.
The position advertised is fixed-term (24 months) and based in Seville, Spain. These positions present a unique opportunity to experience research in an industry setting and to contribute to helping patients with unmet medical need, while performing cutting-edge research and maintaining close ties to academia.