Trimmomatic reverse reads not improve
0
0
Entering edit mode
10 months ago

I have bisulfite sequencing reads for 6 samples. At first I used fastQC to check the quality of the reads. I found lots of Illumina universal adapters in my reads. Then I used trimmomatic paired-end to trim these overrepresented sequences. After trimming with the trimmomatic, the quality of the forward reads improved but reverse reads still are terrible. Actually, there were overrepresented sequences in both forward and reverse reads before trimming. After trimming, the forward reads do not have those over-represented sequences, but the reverse reads still have them.

java -jar trimmomatic-0.39.jar PE -threads 12 PV6N-3_S35_L004_R1_001.fastq.gz PV6N-3_S35_L004_R2_001.fastq.gz pv6n_3_output_forward_paired3.fq.gz pv6n_3_output_forward_unpaired3.fq.gz pv6n_3_output_reverse_paired3.fq.gz pv6n_3_output_reverse_unpaired3.fq.gz ILLUMINACLIP:sequence_adaptors.fasta:2:30:10:2:keepBothReads

This is my command. Almost 20 percents of the reverse reads contain over-represented sequences.

sequence • 235 views
ADD COMMENT

Login before adding your answer.

Traffic: 1376 users visited in the last hour
Help About
FAQ
Access RSS
API
Stats

Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy.

Powered by the version 2.3.6