Please spread to all your colleagues. Well people on this forum probably know most of the basic Linux stuff, but I am losing so much time helping others. Now they can empower themselves and step up into the etheric realm of bioinformatics. More than 5000 people have already signed up. Pin this post if you think it is helpful to a broad audience.
Bioinformatics for Biologists: An Introduction to Linux, Bash Scripting, and R
- What is Linux? Why Linux for biologists?
- The Linux file system and navigating around it via the command line
- Manipulation and searching of data files using the command line to access useful biological data
- The basics of writing Bash scripts and its use for process automation
- Guidelines and recommendations for best practice preparation of data files under Linux for exporting to other environments (use of R for further analysis and visualisation)
- Exercising on biological data using different case scenarios