Division Safety Coordinator - 91782
Organization: BS-BioSciences Area Office
Berkeley Lab’s Biosciences Area Office has an exciting opening for a Division Safety Coordinator (DSC) to become an integral team member of our safety team.
In this DSC role you will support the mission of Lawrence Berkeley National Lab (LBNL), by monitoring the organization's health and safety standards in accordance with OSHA, DOE, and Cal State programs in order to ensure protection of employees, the public, Laboratory assets, and the environment.
In collaboration with other BSBK safety team members, you will develop, implement, and evaluate programs and procedures to assure personnel safety. You will maintain record keeping systems to track and evaluate workplace hazards and controls, conduct safety audits, incident investigations, and site inspections of workplace hazards.
What You Will Do:
- Provide general oversight and support of Environment, Health and Safety (EH&S) functions to research groups within BSBK divisions
- Support lead safety coordinator in the execution of line management safety responsibilities, safety self-assessment, corrective actions, investigation of incidents and promote a safety culture in the BSBK divisions
- Provide guidance and support to researchers in areas such as waste handling, chemical management, interpretation of environment, safety and health regulations, evaluation of process change and other ES&H issues
- Participate in the Biosciences Ergo Advocate program supporting research groups in the Berkeley Operations Center.
What is Required:
- B.S. and up to 3 years of experience or M.S. and up to 1 year of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Possess knowledge of basic theories, concepts, practices, and procedures in a specialized field of Environment, Health, and Safety. Apply the knowledge to simple work assignments to meet specific objectives
- Familiarity with working in a research environment
- Proven planning, prioritization, and organizational skills
- Experience with computer systems, Microsoft Office software, databases, and Google applications
- This is a full time career appointment, exempt (monthly paid) from overtime pay.
- This position may be subject to a background check. Any convictions will be evaluated to determine if they directly relate to the responsibilities and requirements of the position.
- Having a conviction history will not automatically disqualify an applicant from being considered for employment.
- Work will be primarily performed at:Lawrence Berkeley National Lab, 1 Cyclotron Road, Berkeley, CA.
How To Apply
Apply directly online at http://22.214.171.124/counter.php?id=193777 and follow the on-line instructions to complete the application process.