At the Institute for Biostatistics and Informatics in Medicine and Ageing Research at Rostock University we are currently looking for a bioinformatics PhD candidate to join our team.
The project focuses on the effects of food on cellular senescence and health, with the candidate responsible for the analysis of various biomarker and high throughput omics data, as well as the writing of reports and papers. The ideal candidate would have a strong interest in cellular senescence and the potential for senescence-based interventions to improve health, in addition to an interest in the basic biology of ageing processes more generally.
We offer a diverse and international research environment, where your contribution can have a real impact, with the opportunity to be closely involved in the design and execution of clinical research studies.
Rostock itself is a beautiful North German city on the Baltic coast, located a 20 minute train ride from the picturesque seaside town of Warnemünde and with convenient transport links to both Berlin and Hamburg.
For an idea of the work we do in our lab, please see these recent publications:
- A review of the current state of single cell RNAseq in ageing research: www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7493798/
- Investigation into health span related genes using various network based approaches: www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7377848/
- The protocol for our cohort study into stroke, pancreatic cancer and their connections with cellular senescence (SASKit): bmjopen.bmj.com/content/10/12/e039560.abstract
- A master degree in bioinformatics or computer science or a related field in the medical/life/natural sciences.
- Programming/scripting skills, e.g. in Java/ R.
- Good communication skills (oral presentations and in writing).
Start date: As soon as possible
How to Apply:
For full consideration, please send your application by 31.03.2021 in a single PDF document, consisting of:
- Cover letter explaining relevant experiences, a brief statement of research interests, and qualifications CV
- Copies of (final) certificates and academic degrees
- Contact details of 2-4 scientists who may write a letter of recommendation.
To: Prof. Georg Fuellen, bioinfo-jobs[at]med.uni-rostock.de
Please indicate “Rostock_PhD_Application” in the e‐mail subject.