Question: Go Term Enrichment Analysis For Ath1121501
1
gravatar for suganyasivagurunathan
17 months ago by
suganyasivagurunathan10 wrote:

Iam trying to do a enrichment analysis and working with data from ath1121501 (arabidopsis) arrays.I have problems in defining the universe and the selected genes though I referred to a number of documentations:

My data is as follows:

myd #str(myd)
chr [1:22810] "244901_at" "244902_at" "244903_at" "244904_at" "244905_at" "244906_at" ...

wolunilist# set of selected genes(DEG): str(wolunilist)
chr [1:831] "244901_at" "244910_s_at" "245000_at" "245001_at" "245002_at" "245003_at" ...

The coding I used was :

locus <- unlist(get(myd, ath1121501ACCNUM)) # in this case it only fetches a single id
 head(locus) [1] "ATMG00640"
selected<-unlist(get(wolunilist,ath1121501ACCNUM))# in this case it only fetches a single id
head(selected) [1] "ATMG00640"
params <- new("GOHyperGParams", geneIds = selected, universeGeneIds = locus, annotation="ath1121501",
+               ontology = "MF", pvalueCutoff = 0.5, conditional = FALSE, testDirection = "over")
hgOver <- hyperGTest(params)

And I get the following error:

debugging in: getUniverseHelper(probes, datPkg, entrezIds)
debug: {
    univ <- unique(unlist(mget(probes, ID2EntrezID(datPkg))))
    if (!missing(entrezIds) && !is.null(entrezIds) && length(entrezIds) >
        0)
        univ <- intersect(univ, unlist(entrezIds))
    if (length(univ) < 1)
        stop("After filtering, there are no valid IDs that can be used as the Gene universe.\n  Check input values to confirm they are the same type as the central ID used by your annotation package.\n  For chip packages, this will still mean the central GENE identifier used by the package (NOT the probe IDs).")
    univ
}

I tried several possibilities :

mget(c("244901_at", "244902_at", "244903_at", "244904_at", "244905_at"),ath1121501ACCNUM)

I get:

$`244901_at`
[1] "ATMG00640"

$`244902_at`
[1] "ATMG00650"

$`244903_at`
[1] "ATMG00660"

$`244904_at`
[1] "ATMG00670"

$`244905_at`
[1] "ATMG00680"

sel<-unlist(mget(wolunilist,ath1121501ACCNUM))
Error in .checkKeys(value, Lkeys(x), x@ifnotfound) :
  value for "245651_s_at" not found

I am unable to figure out where am going wrong.If I do for a few ids , Iam able to do but if I store it as a character vector I get the above error.

 -- output of sessionInfo():

>   -- output of sessionInfo():
>
> R version 2.15.2 (2012-10-26)
> Platform: i686-redhat-linux-gnu (32-bit)
>
> locale:
>   [1] LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8       LC_NUMERIC=C               LC_TIME=en_US.UTF-8
>   [4] LC_COLLATE=en_US.UTF-8     LC_MONETARY=en_US.UTF-8    LC_MESSAGES=en_US.UTF-8
>   [7] LC_PAPER=C                 LC_NAME=C                  LC_ADDRESS=C
> [10] LC_TELEPHONE=C             LC_MEASUREMENT=en_US.UTF-8 LC_IDENTIFICATION=C
>
> attached base packages:
> [1] stats     graphics  grDevices utils     datasets  methods   base
>
> other attached packages:
>   [1] annaffy_1.28.0       KEGG.db_2.7.1        GO.db_2.7.1          GOstats_2.22.0       graph_1.34.0
>   [6] Category_2.22.0      ath1121501.db_2.7.1  org.At.tair.db_2.7.1 RSQLite_0.10.0       DBI_0.2-5
> [11] AnnotationDbi_1.18.4 BiocInstaller_1.4.9  limma_3.12.3         affy_1.34.0          Biobase_2.16.0
> [16] BiocGenerics_0.2.0
>
> loaded via a namespace (and not attached):
>   [1] affyio_1.22.0         annotate_1.34.1       genefilter_1.38.0     GSEABase_1.18.0
>   [5] IRanges_1.14.4        preprocessCore_1.18.0 RBGL_1.32.1           splines_2.15.2
>   [9] stats4_2.15.2         survival_2.36-14      tools_2.15.2          XML_3.9-4
> [13] xtable_1.6-0          zlibbioc_1.2.0
ADD COMMENTlink modified 17 months ago by zhangmin871230 • written 17 months ago by suganyasivagurunathan10

cross posted on SO: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13453129

ADD REPLYlink written 17 months ago by Pierre Lindenbaum58k
2
gravatar for Nick Crawford
17 months ago by
Cambridge MA
Nick Crawford80 wrote:

Have you considered using a standalone GO analysis package like GO elite?

http://www.genmapp.org/go_elite/

ADD COMMENTlink written 17 months ago by Nick Crawford80
2
gravatar for zhangmin8712
17 months ago by
zhangmin871230
zhangmin871230 wrote:
  you should use "mget" function to get the accession IDs of probes. Like, 
  > list
  [1] "244901_at" "244902_at" "244903_at" "244904_at" "244905_at" "244906_at"
  > unlist(mget(list,ath1121501ACCNUM))      ### mget
    244901_at   244902_at   244903_at   244904_at   244905_at   244906_at 
  "ATMG00640" "ATMG00650" "ATMG00660" "ATMG00670" "ATMG00680" "ATMG00690" 
  > unlist(get(list,ath1121501ACCNUM))    ### get
  [1] "ATMG00640"
ADD COMMENTlink written 17 months ago by zhangmin871230
Please log in to add an answer.

Help
Access
  • RSS
  • Stats
  • API

Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy.
Powered by Biostar version 2.0.0
Traffic: 689 users visited in the last hour