To leverage the potential of health-related data for better disease prevention, improved medical practice and ground-breaking innovative treatments, transdisciplinary scientific research, as well as specific infrastructural efforts are necessary. With the overall goal of the Swiss Personalized Health Network (SPHN) initiative to make health-data FAIR (findable, accessible, interoperable, and re-useable) and foster use and exchange of health data for research, the SIB’s Personalized Health Informatics Group is setting up infrastructures and innovative solutions to facilitate data analysis. The PHI Group is at the core of the geographically dispersed partners in Swiss hospitals, research- and support institutions.
- Lead the design, development and implementation of an eco-system within SPHN to use semantic graph technologies for organizing data, encompassing terminology service, SPARQL endpoints, tool-stack for ontology representation and visualization, etc.;
- Contribute to the design, development, and implementation of the SPHN knowledge graph including semantic data annotation and re-use of ontologies and standards;
- Provide consultation and support for data-providers and researchers in the SPHN context;
- Closely collaborate with SPHN and related stakeholders with regard to the implementation of Semantic Web Technologies in Switzerland;
- Write documentation, develop and provide tutorials and trainings.
In return for your work, the SIB offers a flexible, dynamic working environment, opportunities for personal and professional development, and a good work-life balance. The working place is in Basel (in close proximity to the SBB station).