Rancho Biosciences, a leader in Data Curation, is seeking a Data Ontologist / Data Architect to define, design, and implement metadata and data management and governance solutions on behalf of our pharmaceutical, academic, and institutional clients. To be successful, you will need to be an expert problem solver with a strong understanding of ontologies, data modeling, data design, and data governance principles as well as solution platforms and capabilities that serve these areas.
We are a Data Curation company working with some of the most renowned Pharmaceutical companies in the world. Our team of scientists, curators, computational biologists, data scientists , and solution developers are located throughout the country; we support talented people living where they chose, working collaboratively together on projects that have a real impact on human health.
In this role you will:
- Define, design, and deliver ontologies, terminologies, data models, and data standards supporting customer requirements.
- Implement, leverage, and support metadata and data management solutions and best practices.
- Collaborate frequently with research, clinical, and data scientists, data curators, ontologists, solution architects, and database specialists.
- Communicate strategies, ideas, goals, and progress to the customer and the team.
- Plan and implement efforts to provide data curation, management, integration, and analytics solutions for laboratory and/or clinical data through terminology and ontology solutions.
- PhD degree in Life Sciences, Data Science, Computer Science, or equivalent
- 8+ years of solution architecture, data science, and solution development domain experience in the pharma/biotech industry with thorough understanding of R&D processes, information systems, and the scientific data life cycle
- Understanding of data standards, semantics, terminologies, ontologies, and best practices for data governance. Familiarity with the FAIR (Findable, Accessible, Interoperable, and Reusable) data guiding principles is a plus
- Understanding of and contributions to public biomedical ontologies and standards consortiums (e.g., BioPortal, OLS, MedDRA, MeSH, CDISC, Allotrope) is a plus
- Familiarity with one or more ontology management solutions – public or commercial
- Proficiency with relational databases, NoSQL databases, and database design
- Proficiency in one or more coding languages such as Perl, Python, R, or Java
- Strong working experience with data wrangling, analysis, statistical, and machine learning methods, tools, platforms, and frameworks
- Experience with Unix-like operating systems
- Experience with software development life cycle methodologies, unit and integration testing, and documentation development
- Excellence in managing scientific stakeholder relationships
- Experience translating project requirements to both business process solutions and technical solutions
- Independently driven, hardworking, and committed
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels
- Detail-oriented and well organized, with an ability to work collaboratively and remotely
Please email résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org