- Investigation of molecular mechanism of liver cancer using next generation sequencing
- Bioinformatics analyses on mutations, gene expression and/or HBV genomic integration
- Single-cell whole-transcriptome sequencing
- Liquid biopsy
- Computational tool development
- High-throughput target screening
Desired skills and experience
- Good BSc degree in bioinformatics, genetics, life science, computer science or other relevant disciplines
- Knowledge in at least one programming language e.g. R, Python, C/C++, JAVA, etc
- Experience in cancer research and/or molecular biology will be an advantage
- Highly motivated and willing to work in team environment
- Good communication skills and language ability
Postgraduate scholarship This position is supported by postgraduate scholarship (https://www.gradsch.hku.hk/gradsch/prospective-students/scholarship-funding-and-fees).
About University of Hong Kong (HKU) As of 2021, HKU ranks 22nd internationally by QS, and 39th internationally by THE.
About the supervisors Postgraduate student will be supervised by Dr. Daniel Ho (https://hub.hku.hk/cris/rp/rp02285) and Prof. Irene Ng (https://hub.hku.hk/cris/rp/rp00335). Please contact Dr. Daniel Ho (email@example.com) for further information.