TGen is a non-profit research institute located in Phoenix, Arizona. We are focused on translational science – and have been since our formation in 2002. Our immediate goal is to make a difference in the lives of patients suffering from disease. We are moderately sized (~300 employees), nimble, and house the latest technologies in genomics. Do you dream of your work benefiting patients sooner rather than later? We have a 20-year track record in doing exactly that. Our Neurogenomics Division houses ~40 scientists across five different federally-funded laboratories. It is the perfect sized place for you to start and grow your career and receive expert mentorship from a diverse, successful group of investigators.
- Bachelor's Degree in Bioinformatics/Computer Science/Bioengineering/Computational Biology or related field
What is ideal?
- Formal training or exposure to computational biology/biological data analysis, such as gene expression, genotyping, sequencing
- Experience in academic/industrial applied research environment in biomedical data analysis
- Experience with scientific computing and data visualization tools, such as Python, R, etc., and understanding of basic statistics
- Experience with Linux/UNIX/Mac OS X based systems and developing shell scripts/command-line interfaces for data processing
- Experience in downloading/learning/applying software and database resources for custom analysis and building workflows
- Familiarity with various biomedical databases