At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
MSK requires all new hires, volunteers, and vendors who come onsite to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination. This is based on the COVID-19 vaccines’ high level of protection and our shared responsibility in protecting our patients.
Are you passionate about using technology to solve life-impacting challenges? Help us change how the world treats cancer! We can provide you with the chance to create a difference in your career.
The Cell-Free DNA (cfDNA) Informatics Team in the MSK Center for Molecular Oncology (CMO) is searching for a dedicated and hard-working Software Engineer to help us continue pioneering next-generation software systems. These cutting-edge systems will help analyze, visualize, and interpret genomic results that will guide treatment decisions and the enrollment of patients onto clinical trials of novel targeted therapies. We use ultra-sensitive DNA sequencing technologies to detect genetic alterations in blood and other body fluids to noninvasively monitor cancer and select the most appropriate treatments.
- A team player, and passionate about learning new technologies and methodologies
- Interested in understanding the clinical domain and building customer-centric products
- Able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment and eager to solve complex problems
- An effective communicator
- Resilient in recovering from setbacks and skilled at finding detours around problems
- Gather and evaluate user requirements, in collaboration with product managers and engineers
- Participate in design, development, and support of groundbreaking multi-tiered full-stack software systems for research use
- Implement and follow the newest technology in software development, code versioning, software testing, and deployment.
- Take part in code reviews, build/release management, and other R&D discussions
- Develop and maintain robust, highly available, and reliable APIs
- Help code for containers and develop effective CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with full-stack development using some combination of these technologies: Python/Java, Flask/Spring/Django, MySQL/MongoDB, ReactJS/AngularJS/Node.js
- Experience with composing and shipping containers using Docker is desirable
- Experience with developing automated testing suite, and build tools such as GitLab, Jenkins and automated CI/CD pipeline Solid understanding of Apache-Kafka/RabbitMQ/ZeroMQ is desirable
- Experience with UI design is a big plus
- Experience using of CWL (Common Workflow Language) is a big plus
- Experience building highly available, scalable systems either on-premises (kubernetes, etc) or cloud is a big plus