Kelly Government Solutions is a strategic supplier and business partner to the federal government and its key suppliers. We are seeking an individual to work as a Ph.D. Bioinformatics Specialist at the National Institutes of Health in Research Triangle Park, NC.
This is a long-term contract position which offers:
- Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefit package
- Optional health, vision, and dental plans
- Vacation leave as well as paid federal holidays and 401K plan.
- Access to NIH’s unparalleled resources and niche scientific initiatives
- Provide bioinformatics expertise to advise, make recommendations, and help scientists with experimental design and troubleshooting
- Generate and optimize programs and scripts for the analysis of data, create programs and algorithms and develop computational infrastructure resources for organizing and parsing data from large and complex datasets
- Collaborate with scientists to design, analyze, manage and interpret all types of data
- Work with an interdisciplinary team to apply computational data analysis approaches to make biological discoveries
- Work independently with research groups to develop analytical pipeline for single cell RNA-seq data
- Identify, evaluate and implement different analytical approaches for processing single cell RNA-seq (scRNA-seq) data for different experiment protocols, and investigate visualization tools for single cell datasets
- Utilize and adapt existing bioinformatics techniques to check for trends and patterns in the data as well as participate in the design of new protocols involving computational methods
- Establish reproducible data analysis pipelines and standard operating procedures; provide detailed documentations for methodologies so they can be reproduced and applied to similar studies
- Develop analytical approaches to integrate multiple omic data generated internally as well as use of publicly available datasets
- Ph.D. in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, or related discipline
- Minimum of 2 years of experience that ideally includes experience with Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) data analysis, Single Cell RNA-Sequencing, Bulk RNA-Sequencing, Whole Genome Sequencing, Whole Exome Sequencing, ChIP-Sequencing, Genome-wide association studies, and/or Microarray data analysis
- Proficiency with R, Python, MATLAB, Linux/Unix, Shell, PERL, Java, Bash, and related bioinformatic tools and software
Please Note: Vaccination against COVID-19 is a requirement for all job opportunities offered through Kelly Government Solutions, in accordance with the Executive Order on Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors.
Interested candidates should send resumes to Susan Schechter, Scientific Recruiter at email@example.com